CityPartners Report - Nov. 14 Trip to Bac Giang
This report is about the meeting on 14th November 2020, which involved Bac Giang Secondary Medical School and CityPartners team, connected by Natan Oliveira of One Heart For Healing, one of the CityPartners active partners running Love Bac Giang, an initiative inspired by Love Hanoi. This meeting consisted of CityPartners team members lead by Pastor Jacob, Peter Mazuca, Kazumi Moriama, Emily Ngoan, Michael Walls, Huong Tacey, and Siddhant Uppal.
Bac Giang Secondary Medical School, established in 1960, has the mission of training and fostering human resources in medicine and pharmacy with intermediate and primary level; carrying out scientific research; and training young and adults, creating a friendly and healthy environment. The school has a goal to be a Medical College in Bac Giang by 2025 and to restructure and improve the teaching and training service in Bac Giang.
As a follow-up, CityPartners is willing to join hands with OHFH and the Medical School to support them in achieving their goals. Therefore, the theme of the meeting with the school authorities was how CityPartners could support the school for the overall benefit of the province and Vietnam.
The meeting was held at Bac Giang Medical School under the leadership of the vice-principal Miss Lan and her teachers, followed by a dinner where the CityPartners team also had the opportunity to meet the School Director.
Some current activities of the receiving organization are as follows:
- Training and updating knowledge for the grassroots health level (250 students turn up each year)
- Pharmaceutical Professional Training for grassroots level 250-300 students each year
- The Community of Training Grassroot Health Workers
- First Aid Training for Factory and Driving Personnel
- Training Village Health Workers
- Supporting students in finding a domestic job and also partnering in sending students to work abroad in Japan, Germany, and South Korea
- Community development and fundraising activities as well as medical social activities to reach the people in villages with medical needs
The plans of the school are to upgrade the school into a medical college in the year 2021-2022. The objective is to become a reputable training institution, implementing medical services, strengthening scientific research, and supporting the community.
The meeting was a call for support from One Heart for Healing and addressing CityPartners for help in their upcoming project of long-term and short-term goals, as stated below:
Long term goals:
- Equipment to develop teaching methods
- Investment in developing IT infrastructure
Short term goals
- Maintain and develop English club at school total member participation 25-35
- Consisting of collective games and group discussion seminars
- Meet the need for teaching equipment
- Improving teaching quality
- Arranging means of transport (24-seater bus) for teachers and students
- Practice and participate in medical examination and treatment of the community
- Help in going online to help the students to have easy access to knowledge through Zalo, Facebook, and resourceful websites.
Overall, this project is intended to support the Bac Giang Secondary Medical School in carrying out their day to day tasks with efficiency and ease.
In the end, Pastor Jacob, who led the CityPartners Meeting, presented information about CityPartners and the list of active partners. To which, the Bac Giang Medical School showed keen interest, especially in hosting groups like Spotlight English Clubs and Celebrate Recovery. Finally, CityPartners displayed gratitude by giving gifts such as a fruit basket and Love Hanoi products. The day ended with High Tea at Natan’s house, followed by a visit to City Square of Bac Giang, and completed with a dinner hosted by the receiving organization.
To sum up, the evening was filled with joy and grace as the Lord led us in fellowship and beautiful relationships with the people of Bac Giang. Hopefully, CityPartners can work as a means of edification and providence to the Medical School.